Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Nice to be known for good food!

This blurb has appeared on a blog called Urban Baby.This just goes to show you: No one ever forgets a good meal.

Have a wonderful, happy healthy and delicious new year!

Toddler I'm 37 weeks preg. My mom takes me shopping today for baby stuff (love her for it) then drops the bomb on me that everyone will come to my house for the Jewish Holidays because I can't travel anywhere so far along - but she wants to invite the entire family over (basically 10 additional people) and she's the worst cook in the world and gets crappy catering.. (I've become a food snob in my later years - sue me). How bad would it be if I don't want the entire family over, if I cancel? How can I pull this off?
Toddler - Sep 13th, 2006 10:50pm


how about you choose the caterer and tell your mom you cant handle so many people over
- Sep 13th, 2006 10:51pm
It's not bad at all--you don't have to have anyone at your house if you don't want to. It's not even "cancelling," because nobody's been invited yet. But, is it just about the food? If so, could you find better catering for her to get, or ask (more)
the relatives who are better cooks to bring some food?
- Sep 13th, 2006 10:52pm
You pick the caterer and delegate, delegate, delegate.
- Sep 13th, 2006 10:52pm
OP: yep, this is what I'll do.. I'll be militant about her not bringing any food on her own.
- Sep 13th, 2006 10:56pm
get a caterer now
- Sep 13th, 2006 10:52pm
"mom - I have enough on my plate right now -- please enjoy the holidays"
- Sep 13th, 2006 10:53pm
Call Levana http://www.levanacooks.com/bookanevent.shtml
- Sep 13th, 2006 10:53pm

Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?