Friday, March 10, 2006

Holistic

The other day I served a holistic meal which preceded a talk by Laibl Wolf, the famous Australian psychiatrist-holistic speaker. I loved the idea, because I only have eyes for Kosher, nutritious, no-nonsense food, and the concept gave me plenty of room for creativity. I didn’t for a minute tell myself I would be limited by the absence of some egregious goodies (white sugar, white flour, white rice, etc…). The menu I composed was so suitable for the occasion, and the food was so well received, that I feel compelled to be a pal and share it with you. It is always a thrill, to see that food that is one hundred per cent nutritionally sound and good for you is also one hundred per cent delicious and exciting, in short, good enough for distinguished company. So, here comes:

rice noodles with basil and sun-dried tomato sauce

black bean corn salsa

cabbage, cucumber and apple slaw

kale and mustard greens with beets and hijiki, with a chinese dressing

mixed roasted vegetables

mung beans, quinoa and oats with shitaki mushrooms and caramelized onions

red cabbage salad with dill and scallions

spelt carrot cake

chocolate hazelnut bars

nut butter date bars

tofu cheesecake

granola cookies

kanten berry mold

homemade green mint tea


Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?